Plane - Sailing

Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News View previous topic
View next topic
Plane - Sailing
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post Plane - Sailing Reply with quote
That's what we all hope for; but to be more specific...

I'm going to be on a plane, and then I'm going to be on a boat. It's going to be a long ride too, with the complications of travel, it's likely I won't have a chance to access the net for over two weeks. Ol' FP is going to be pretty lonely without its resident know it all, but that's one of the things I'm going to change. I'll be staying in Las Vegas for a while and that'll give me a chance to plan my next conquest; however there is a chance it's already been planned. I'm currently in negotiation with the Dalian ministry for education and there's a very good chance that that's where I'll be headed.

Dalian, it's way up in the North seaboard, it was built there because it's ports don't freeze solid in the winter. I've heard of -40C days in the winter. It's going to be a blast. But more importantly, the city itself is renowned as being a up and coming city in regards to IT, engines and varying manufacture. If I can't get a website and various prototypes made there then I'm not trying.

Soon I'll turn on the computer for the first time in Vegas and find that LP is making news posts about his new mufflers or 'summat' -- and good on him too Smile

M.

-Alpheez
Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:05 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LazyPint
Queen

Post Re: Plane - Sailing Reply with quote
Michael Danton wrote:

Soon I'll turn on the computer for the first time in Vegas and find that LP is making news posts about his new mufflers or 'summat' -- and good on him too Smile

M.

OK, for when you come back here (and it's somewhat overdue, slowpoke Wink), know that I had an epic thread planned wherein I would cunningly tell you all about my new mufflers and how the noise difference was worth the extra expense.

There was then supposed to be a picture of me in my bike helmet wearing ear muffs over the helmet, leading to much hilarity all round. Unfortunately, ear muffs are difficult to obtain in this country, not least because we're in summer.

But the idea was inspired TO THE MAX. Or something.

Now laugh at my theoretical joke!

PS. Although, had you mentioned LP posting about new fairings, you'd be correct. There was a slow speed falling incident which damaged neither me nor the engine, but which ruined the big shiny red bit to pieces. 400 odd quid for the shiny new bits, since used fairings for my specific bike are seemingly impossible to come by. Curses.
Sat May 02, 2009 6:17 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post Reply with quote
It's not my fault, I was on planes and boats and planes and waiting for internet people to show up for the last 3 days has been a real drag too. No television/internet isn't a lot of fun, especially after you've caught the usual dose of disease in close proximity to the great unwashed... I'm over that now thankfully.

In any case it's good to be back online, for what it's worth... Now I've got 8mbps dl speed and no hd space. Such is the story of my life, but I'm no victim, I only feel like one. Twisted Evil Nah, everything is good and I'm terribly optimistic about the future, I trust you're the same.
I hear you're throwing your bike around again? Tough luck there, got any gory pictures for us? Theoretical disaster doesn't cut it unless it's in prose and you can sell it to Michael Bay Smile

Right now I'm in a condo in Las Vegas and I'm crouched over my laptop which is on the top rung of a step-ladder, behind me is my inflatable bed, which is comfortable except for today when I woke up with a terribly painful shoulder for no good reason. The apartment is devoid of furniture except for three camp chairs and a tv which teeters on top of it's own packing crate.

It's all good fun... And in around a months time, I'll be shipping off to China- they seem to want me pretty bad over there.

Thanks for checking in LP, you're a pal.
M.

-Alpheez
Tue May 05, 2009 1:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: