A Sci Fi Original Movie!

Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News View previous topic
View next topic
A Sci Fi Original Movie!
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post A Sci Fi Original Movie! Reply with quote
They say it like its a good thing, when in actual fact its the golden seal of crap. I should know, I've seen a few.

I'm watching this one called "Star Runners" right now and it's one of the better ones; but it still follows the same old hackneyed scripts, bad acting, bad directing, lacklustre sets, props, a lead actor ripped out of a space opera with a smattering of unnecessary CGI that never fails to remind you you're watching a sci fi original movie!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, why do people set out to make bad films? They put a lot of work into this one but they didn't pull it off; they simply can't given their limited resources. Why couldn't they have gone for a drama or thriller instead? I'm certain they could pull it off and come out with something worth watching in the end.

But no... We've got Ak47s painted silver with other guns stuck to it... we've got gunfights in quarries with petrol bombs going off ... we've got the femme fatale who runs around in thin negligee that gets a little smaller with each consecutive scene. Not complaining about that mind you Smile but it's all been done before.

Yet the Sci Fi movie exists... and I'm fascinated why this is so, to the point of doing a bit of research, I'll let you know what I find.

M.

P.S.
Why is it that in the future, all the guns are massive, unmanageable and inferior to any gun we have today?
M.

-Alpheez
Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:28 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post Reply with quote
I've found a number of interesting things, but it seems Sci Fi movie pitching/funding is a closely guarded secret. If you don't have Amanda Tapping's number on your roll-a-dex, don't even bother asking. Still, it doesn't matter in the scheme of things. As far as I'm concerned, acclaim in an online series is low-hanging fruit and definitely something to aspire to with people like Microsoft and others sponsoring shows and generally getting in on the act.

I found a great article on the subject.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=awardcentral&jump=emmys09&articleid=VR1118004432&cs=1

Very Inspirational indeed.
M.

-Alpheez
Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:22 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: