Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News View previous topic
View next topic
--Giant Tits--
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post --Giant Tits-- Reply with quote

Hear me out now...

In reference to an earlier post I made, I used the metaphor of "giant tits" to illustrate the effect of celebrity as they both have a strikingly similar effect, and it's one I still can't fully explain... But one thing is very clear, tits get things done, tits open doors - to be metaphorically idiomatic. Have a look at the lady in the picture above, although she may not be immediately recognizable to you, you've almost certainly seen her before. Have another look, I can wait...

That's Cassandra Peterson, she's lived a fascinating life and her biography is certainly worth reading. If you don't have time, I'll paraphrase some of the major points (no pun intended). Immediately after leaving school she sought her fortune as a dancer in Las Vegas. Although it wasn't clear what kind of a dancer she wanted to be, she was soon recruited into the nightclub scene and became Las Vegas' youngest stripper. During this time she met and had a relationship with Elvis Presley of all people. Taking Elvis' advice, she quit her job and travelled overseas to Italy to lead a rock 'n' roll band called "Roma". Having achieved no more than moderate success as a singer, she left the band and returned to the west coast of America where she pursued an acting career and auditioned for B movies and other jobs of opportunity.

In one such audition she was able to outshine 300 other prospective actresses and in 1981, coincidentally the year I was born- she became the host of a weekly movie show as her alter ego "Elvira Mistress of the Dark".

Question: How can a young lady from Manhattan... Kansas, live such a full and interesting life in the grandest circles while so many of us languish in mediocrity? It's a difficult question, but in the simplest terms it could be said that, she was, and still is a rare beauty and matched with a remarkably vibrant, and endearing personality- It was a recipe for success that took her anywhere she wanted to go.
But is that enough? She didn't have any connections in any industry, and her beauty was selective after the common childhood disaster of pulling a pot off the stove onto herself. A malady that's taken 17 skin grafts to repair- as well as skin grafts can of course.
The only thing that remained intact was her good nature and the drive to see her dreams realized. Do tits open doors? Yes they do, but not on their own...

Certainly more inspiring to me than Uwe Boll.
M.

P.S.
I looked everywhere for a picture of her that does her justice and captures her personality... You just can't.

P.S.S.
Case in point, and a reward for leading you astray with a misnomer. The following is a picture of Cynthia Myers. Some would argue that she's prettier than Cassandra Peterson, clearly her breasts are at least twice as big and she's done at least twice as many films as Cassandra, yet where are her fan pages? I guess it's the difference between love and lust.

-Alpheez
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:16 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post Reply with quote
P.S.S.S.

I had an awesome picture of Cynthia Myers up there... Who just censored me on my own site?

M.

-Alpheez
Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
WritersBlock
Seven

Post Reply with quote
Michael Danton wrote:
P.S.S.S.

I had an awesome picture of Cynthia Myers up there... Who just censored me on my own site?

M.

Haha, I think you mean P.P.P.S. (and before that, P.P.S.) Razz

And as for the whole "Tits" thing, well it's obvious that some women couldn't obtain celebrity status without them. You just need to pay attention to the lyrical content of most of the female soloists on the radio, or watch their poorly acted raunchy music videos on TV. Granted some young singers did have some talent at one point, but that left as soon as they flashed their tits to get their fame, rather than earning it. It's the music industry, not a strip club.Sure, tits may open doors, but any self respecting actress, or singer should know to think twice (no, I don't mean one for each bosom Rolling Eyes ) before using "the twins" to work their way into the entertainment industry.

Have you seen Home and Away much lately, Mike? The majority of the cast is young and attractive, out to go for the sexy drama aimed at teenagers. I'm quite certain that they pick their cast based SOLELY on appearance, because the acting on that show is fucking terrible. Some of the worst I've ever seen (next to the _____ Movie franchise).

Yes, sex sells, but if more females took the initiative to actually EARN their fans and respect and popularity, then the entertainment buisness would see an influx of genuine, real talent, and maybe giant tits wouldn't have so much leverage over what counts as celebrity, and what doesn't.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post Reply with quote
Post, post, script... yeah I got my acronyms mixed up. I was just wondering where my tits went, it's no big deal, I'd just like people to be accountable for what they do.

You brought up some interesting points (pun intended) and I can't help but agree with you, there are far too many people on the television and in movies only because they've got "the look"... talent is an optional extra but not a necessity because even Home and away has a horde of unattractive people there to make it work, just look at the credits. Hell, I didn't know it was still on the television, the last time I saw it was literally 5 years ago and the acting/dialogue was always laughable... We're not a nation of talentless bastards, yet the show is synonymous with bad Australian Drama.

Honestly, if I was making a show like home and away, I'd only hire talented people- I don't care if they were ugly as a hat-full, personally I believe "ugly" people have a lot of character in their faces and they're very distinguished. Just the type of people I'd want to cast.

You never know, I might just get my shot... I think you've probably noticed the type of news posts that I've been putting up lately and quite honestly it's like therapy to me, just trying to work things through in my head. I've talked about Peter Jackson, Cassandra Peterson, George Romero... and coincidentally Uwe Boll is also an example of people who have come from nothing and now they've got... Tits. If you've seen "Bad Taste" You know exactly what I mean, you take a look at the first 10 minutes and you wonder why they bothered... BUT it's the fact they bothered is what's important! They didn't wait for better technology, they didn't wait for professional actors or even a working website... Hell, Peter Jackson didn't even wait for a sunny day to shoot! Look at him now, his tits are so gigantically pendulous that using an aeroplane bathroom is a physical impossibility! ...In cattle class of course, there's plenty of room in first class.

He didn't wait for the "right time" and neither will I, because it doesn't exist! As soon as I get back to Australia, I'm going to get my licenses in order within the week and I'm going to start my own series of comedic films using my explosives skills. I've already got pages full of parody ideas and other skits. The best part is, I don't have to rely on anyone else... It's just going to be me. After the first couple of films, I hope my tits will start to bud, and I might even be lucky enough get someone to hold the camera... Then maybe fans, then maybe volunteer actors... Maybe.

Bird is not the word, it's tits and everything they represent.
M.

P.S.
Another thing that's totally reliant on me is my education and for the past week I've been working like a lunatic! Sending off assignments every 2 days like clockwork. It's not easy either, just the other night I wrote a 1500 word essay on how we should be more tolerant of other cultures... I feel dirty. I just don't want anything to jeopardize my "hobbies".

-Alpheez
Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
WritersBlock
Seven

Post Reply with quote
Two words: Rowan Atkinson.
He's hideous, but there's hardly anyone like him. The expression and body language, he's a real A Class actor, even if the glamorous hollywood types wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

As far as the "do-it-yourself" attitude, I 100% support this, and I'm doing a fair bit of this myself. I've made a commitment to print and bind my own book, consisting of half a dozen short stories. By professional standards, the stories need a LOT of work before they'd be considered publishable material, and by my own standards, I could probably do a lot better if I gave it another try, but it's the move I've chosen to make, and I think the motive and desire behind the project is really what intrigues people. I'm not a professional writer, I've only got my high school English classes that have only taught me so much, but this is my own thing, this is my Bad Taste, and I'm not really out to please anyone in the creative writing industry, I just want something for myself, and for friends and family, and if it just happens to be the thing that launches my writing career, then it's all the better.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: