Fourth Perspective Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in
Fourth Perspective - The Alpha Phase Ends!

Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News View previous topic
View next topic
Fourth Perspective - The Alpha Phase Ends!
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post Fourth Perspective - The Alpha Phase Ends! Reply with quote
Speak of the devil, and the devil, he appears! (he takes his damn sweet time but appears nonetheless)

Firstly I must say that I am shamed by the infrequency of my visits of late, it has been a month since the last time I checked on things here and honestly I didn't expect anything new to have occurred in my absence. Perhaps more truthfully, the reason I haven't returned is because it overly depresses me to see such a fine site as this (and I honestly mean that too) in such a state of mismanagement, disrepair and of course subsequently disused as a result. I could drone on about bad-luck, misfortune or any other twist of fate that prevented me from reaching my goals; but ultimately I alone must claim this defeat. It is for this reason that I am truly flattered that both you and LazyPint are not only here, but offering the greatest of compliments and encouragement which has touched me very deeply.

ToxicKlay, after I read your open letter to the few continued viewers of FP it forced me to realize that I have been going about everything all wrong. I have been trying to quietly shuffle this site into the 'Too hard basket' where I can simply say, "Well, I gave it my best shot" and let it just putrefy in the back of my mind with all the other untruths I have gathered. It's not my best shot! It's not even close- It's a damn travesty which is what it is! After reading the letter you sent me, I came to rediscover just how special this site had become to me, to all of us and rediscover the amazing potential that has yet gone unrealized! This damn site was the only thing that I really enjoyed on the internet and helped me a great deal- and from the sounds of it I actually helped a few other people in the process too. It's a clever, healthy and thoughtful place where people help each-other and improve without a hint of the all pervasive 'lulz'.

Just the other day I was going through the massive grab-bag of files I have salvaged from infected computers, grinding hard-disks and rusting hulks that were once the seat of so much creativity. One such folder I came across held an assortment of the grand plans and initial conceptions of this website that demonstrated what I merely considered to be a good idea at the time. I had all but discarded it as a labour that had been sitting on the back-burner until burned to a crisp and was saddened by the thought. After your letter, I revisit these files and see a strength of independent thought and drive - a clear and crisp conception of the heart and soul of FP, it's good. Damn its good and I would be an idiot not to fully realize these dreams.

Could I do this in the last few years? No, I couldn't. Can I do it now? Yes I can, and I am. Starting right this minute, FP is moving forward.

Thank you my friends for helping me see what I was missing and kicking my arse into action. Especially you Zack. I'm glad I could set you on the right track, it's only fitting you did the same for me.

Michael Danton.

-Alpheez
Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:05 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: