With All It's Imperfekshunz

Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News View previous topic
View next topic
With All It's Imperfekshunz
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post With All It's Imperfekshunz Reply with quote
By some strange quirk of the news forums, my latest response to Toxic Klay's heartfelt message was logged into the news system out of sequence. Ordinarily these little glitches aren't much of a problem but right now I just want to make things absolutely clear that from now on I'll be logging on every day, posting new updates every weekend and continuing the Fourth Perspective project in earnest.

You are not alone.
M.

-Alpheez
Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:50 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ToxicKlay
Six

Post Reply with quote
Somebody should work on recruiting again. Maybe patrolling Newgrounds like you once did oh so many years ago, Michael? Razz

They Have Arrived is slated to become an animation to be released Mid 2008.
Status on They Have Arrived animation:
BEING ANIMATED!!!!
Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post Reply with quote
Patrolling isn't quite the right word as that has a sense of continuousness about it. From what I can remember, my original overtures were to appeal to a writer's sense of community that I believe simply didn't exist on NG. Since the forum was the only thing that worked at that time and the progress made was quite rapid, it also gave people the opportunity to shape FP's development to some degree. I got a lot of good advice at that time and I listened to all of it. I also remember times when I tried to emulate the perceived successes of other forums and it backfired quite badly I recall... Stockholm syndrome from NG I'll bet Smile

Those initial letters I sent out were not copy-pasta mind you, I actually spent a bit of time reading a person's post to see what they were all about and what kind of community might best appeal to them before I extended them a digital hand. Like I said in my last news post, FP is no longer an alpha because I believe I have a pretty good idea how things should work here... A simpler, easier system than what I first proposed but with more of an emphasis on keeping the user better informed regarding the performance of their works and place in the community. I hope I don't get weighed down with more minutia this time regardless of how "clever" I think it is.

Where was I? Oh yes, I don't really see the need to have more people here because there's very little to see and do (less all the time). If you know anyone who might appreciate the forums then by all means, please tell them about us, but we're still a work in progress and although I'm approaching the development from a number of different angles, I can't say with any certainty when it will recommence. I've got a number of angles I haven't fully explored yes; but if you know any capable people who can help in this respect then I definitely want to hear from them.

I even asked around on NG a number of times. The flame just got higher! Whoosh! Nah, just the little and loud minority coupled with the bandwagon want-wits.
M.

P.S.
That post I recommended to you wasn't called "bad taste" at all, Rather you can find it at the following link. May I also recommend "giant tits" found at the link below that. All good stuff and relevant to your last email.
http://www.fourthperspective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2387
http://www.fourthperspective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2426

P.P.S
Must get a stable picture upload... some of my linked pictures have changed address /:

-Alpheez
Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:57 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: