Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News View previous topic
View next topic
Options-
Michael Danton
Ace
Overlord

Post Options- Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

Yes, It's me again and as per usual it's been a lengthy period of time since our last correspondence. I'd like to keep you all informed of my progress but I'd like to report on facts, things I know to be true. For the longest time I've been in a bit of a quandary in regard to my ongoing productions; not unexpected given the nature of the beast and I write to you again now, not fully confident of the outcome. I can only comment from my perspective and hope this letter will provide a sufficient insight into current events, you deserve no less.

This is a post that follows on, updates and concludes my earlier post entitled "I have an audience of thousands!". It was partly written for the benefit of my actors who have lended their voices to the project.

Firstly, James Muia, AKA: 'Aviticus Dragon' the producer of my previous films, is no longer in the picture. He's hit the bricks and done his dash. To say that I was shocked and disappointed by his sudden announcement would be a terrible understatement as it arrived without warning or apology... and ended with an exclamation mark.

To be candid, Aviticus was an adequate (if unimaginative) director and sadly, he was not technically capable of creating machinima of any complexity. As a result of this, I have half a dozen excellent scripts in a finished or near finished state that have been relegated to the 'too-hard basket'; Unfairly, I believe. My latest script, "VORSTAG" is a four-part comedy that has been largely completed (as continually prompted by Aviticus) and despite it being perhaps my best work, I got the distinct feeling it was on the way to the dreaded 'basket'.

Ordinarily I'd just forget about it until it can be revisited at a later date and perhaps by a different director. This time is very different however as I have selected a vocal cast for the project and received the final takes from most. Believe me, the very last thing I want to do right now is let my actors down with a non-starter, they must get enough of those from other people and I have no intention of joining their ranks! Aviticus probably knew I was going to draw a line in the sand on this matter and decided to save me the effort... It's not all bile though because without his help, such films as 'Dovahkiin Vs the Bunny King' (a favourite of mine) never would have seen light of day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOFixkolUwk

In a second piece of news, I have subsequently contacted an exceptionally talented Machinima director by the name of Kyriakos Karatarakis (of V-Life Movies) and although it was not his first choice, he is sympathetic to our mutual position and has decided to help us produce 'Vorstag'- at least the very first episode to see how his audience responds to it. You may see his most recent production at the following address, be sure to leave a like and more importantly, offer some encouragement in bringing 'Vorstag' to life. Kyriakos is a Greek national and English is not his first language, as a result, I think he's taking a lot of this purely on faith so I think he needs all the support we can give him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-K8n_A8J5o

Finally. The current cast for part 1 is slated as follows:

SENNA HOLLY LINDIN
DOVAHKIIN (LEAD ROLE) D.J. DIXON
VORSTAG (LEAD ROLE) JOEY GROENEWEG
THAT GUY BEN SMITH

It's been tough and slow-going process getting everything together and I still feel mired within it. Kyriakos is finishing his latest film at the moment and I hope like hell I'll be able to get a finished script and final takes together for him. I think the most stress inducing circumstance is the one you have little control over. It's bothersome, demotivating and your efforts may not be rewarded, but we must all push on!

This post was long overdue and one less thing to think about. Hurrah! That's the way you do it, pick at the edges and pretty soon the mountain is a molehill, just don't be intimidated to start.

Start now.
M.

On second thought...

-Alpheez
Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:14 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Fourth Perspective Forum Index » News All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: